Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Adjusting.

This blog has been a long time (3 weeks to be exact) coming.  So yeah…children are exhausting…and we only have two.  It’s pretty easy to lose your cool when you’ve got an infant wailing and squirting poo on the living room carpet and another in the bathroom trying to poo on the toilet (unsuccessfully).  There have been some sleepless nights.  There have been some tears from a confused two year old (and yes, sometimes an overwhelmed mama).  The thing is, somehow, we’re figuring it all out.  I’m realizing how true it is that there’s no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one.  I’m doing what I can.  We’re taking it one day at a time, giving our two amazing littles our best attempt at “perfect.”  We’re already over three weeks in to this adventure and I’m reminded of how quickly nights turn into weeks, and I’m painfully aware of how quickly weeks turn into years.  This…

is going to fade away so quickly.  I know I’ll continue to worry if I’m doing the right thing, but for the most part, I’m trying harder to trust my instincts and just enjoy where we are.  Give me the poo on the carpet and on the bathroom floor because someday, I know I’m going to miss it.  And yes, children are exhausting, but oh so incredibly wonderful and worth every bit of exhuastion. 
We’re finally getting on a schedule, so I should be posting more frequently from here on out.  Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment