Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Angela!

We all have work friends.  They’re the ones you run to with office gossip, the ones you sit next to in meetings, and the ones you seek out in the when eating lunch in the cafeteria.  These friendships really start as a matter of convenience and happenstance.  Sometimes you move on to a new job and leave those friendships behind.  Fortunately, there are some work friendships that turn into real friendships, the kind that continue even though you don’t see each other over the cubicle wall every day.  I’m lucky to have a handful of this kind. 
Last weekend, I went to a baby shower for one of these kinds of friends.  I’m seriously kicking myself for not taking my camera to the shower, but when you’re juggling a baby, a cake, and gifts- something is going to get left behind.  I missed photographing her pregnant glow and of course her baby bump.  I missed my opportunity to capture the excited feminine energy that filled the room (Alex - if you're reading this, you're a great hostess).   And I had to have someone send me a picture of the cake that I made... 

Anyway, I’m grateful to have made another lasting friendship at work, and I’m incredibly excited for her and her husband to welcome their first baby.  She’ll be one loved lil’ lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment