Friday, December 30, 2011

You know what?

This morning once again, I found myself the outsider looking in on their relationship.  It was another one of these moments...


It went something like this...
Cohen started to fuss in his walker while I was preparing breakfast.  Without prompting, Addy ran to him and tried to pry his hand open to hold it while saying in her little mama voice, "It's okay, Brother.  It's okaaaaaay."  When he didn't seem completely satisfied, she started wheeling him around the kitchen.  Which, of course, he loved.  My ears perked up when she stopped abruptly and ran around to face him.  She looked at him and said, "You know what, Brother?.......I love you."  Be still, my heart.  She smiled and went right back to carting him around while I cried and spread jelly on her toast.  I know it goes without saying, but I love them so much it hurts.  Like physically hurts.  That is all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment