Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Ries!

So, if you've been following my blog, you've probably noticed that I've been taking a bit of a break from cakes.  Starting this month, I'm easing back in (no more than two per month for a while though).  I just couldn't stay away from the challenge and, as I've said before, the opportunity to be a small part of a celebration in someone's life.  And, in case you haven't heard, a first birthday for a lil' girl is quite a celebration...Is there anything better than a smash cake and zebra stripes for a diva?!  Considering I could barely remember how to make fondant, I'd say it didn't go too poorly (I've typed and deleted the glaring issues I see on this cake because hopefully you're not noticing them and I know without a doubt that a one year old surrounded by her friends and family isn't).  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment