Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hi-Ya!

It's an honor to get to do a wedding cake, but there's something so stinking fun about a cake for a kiddo...


~~

So as to my promise from earlier this week.  Jason has spent the last month working on a job a little over two hours away (2 hours away plus 10 hour workdays equals only coming home for Saturday and Sunday).  For me, this has meant a taste of life as a single mom.  After a measly month, I have a whole new appreciation for military wives and single parents.  We did the skype thing, Addy did her dramatic, "I've always needed a daddy" thing, and I got used to throwing up my hands and laughing in the midst of the chaos that was me versus the kiddos.  I didn't sleep so well without Jason in the bed to "protect" me.  This may have had something to do with his impromptu instructional on the use of our handgun and his "dead men don't tell lies" speech.  Anyway, it didn't seem wise to shout from the rooftops that I was home alone and paralyzed with fear.  So after the kids went to bed and the chores were done, I watched embarrassingly horrible TV shows (gulp. Real Housewives) and worked until I fell asleep.  

Like I said, I have a lot of blogging to catch up on now that Jason's back, but for now, I've got a Sunday night movie and popcorn calling my name. 

Seacrest, Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment