Sunday, May 8, 2011

the remedy

So, I’ve been pretty M.I.A. this week.  Frankly, I’ve been working my tail off.  Anyway, this post is probably going to be a little lengthy and all over the place…hang in there…
I'm walking away from this week knowing a lot more about myself, but also a lot more about my husband.  I'm amazed by how sometimes he seems to know what I need before I do.  For example, I woke up in the middle of the night last week, with one of those AWFUL pregnancy calf cramps.  It was the first time I've experienced one with this pregnancy.  Anyway, somehow, he knew to grab my leg from under the covers and start kneading it back to normalcy.  Somehow, my writhing and wincing - but no words- was all he needed.  He sent me text messages from our bed as I was on my way home from work - "What can I get ready for you to eat?  I know you're tired, but you need to eat."  He bought me Dunkin Donuts decaf coffee grounds so that I could make my own iced coffee in the morning.  He knew that I needed those extra 10 minutes with Addy in the morning because I may or may not have made it home before she was snug in her bed.  To top it all off, when I got home Friday, exhausted and overwhelmed, he had the remedy - my Mother's Day gifts, two days early.  I’m reminded this week that he’s got my back.  He knows what I need sometimes before I do.  Don’t get me wrong…he still called me Nadia Sulman this morning because my lips are so swollen from the stress-induced canker sores I have.  It’s not all rainbows and butterflies, but most of the time, when I need a butterfly or two…he’s got me covered.  Besides, who would want rainbows and butterflies all the time? 
Anyway, this weekend was perfect.  My Mother's Day gifts were perfect.  I got her first CD, complete with original cover art (an awesome finger painting) and 3 minutes of her sweet voice.  This is what you get when you have a husband who’s an incredible musician and a great father - a CD that starts with "Happy Mudders Day!  I Wuv You, Mama!" and is followed by her favorite parts of her favorites songs (including You are My Sunshine, in which the skies are not "gray" they are "great").  Seriously.  Could not stop this crying mama.

*Sidenote - I cannot seem to figure out how to post the audio file, but if you see me in person, I'm most likely carrying the CD around with me and would be happy to share.  :)

He gave me the serious belly-laughs induced by this…
On Saturday we went to the Beaux Arts Festival in downtown Davenport.  
the arts...

the summer-time street food...


girlfriend ran the streets with her new butterfly bubble wand...

I got to watch the girl I love being loved by the ones I love.  :)
she made me some new fridge art...

I enjoyed a relaxing Mother's Day and even managed to get a headstart on the wedding cake I have coming up on Saturday and work on my girl’s second birthday party.  It was just a good weekend.  I hope all of you mothers are feeling as wonderful as I am this Sunday evening.  You deserve every bit of it.  Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment