Friday, September 9, 2011

big boy

Cohen went for his 2 month check up yesterday (at about 2 ½ months old).  He got 3 shots, which were much more traumatic for me than for him.  Our boy is a half an ounce short of 14 lbs and 24 ¼ inches long, which puts him between the 75th and 90th percentiles (meaning that he’s bigger than 75-90% of boys his age and smaller than 10-25% of boys his age).  He’s growing so fast.  Last week, he started sleeping through the night (about 7 ½ hours).  I’ve been waiting for him to go back to getting up for a feeding at around 3 am.  It hasn’t happened, and last night, he slept 8 ½ hours.  Is it completely ridiculous that this makes me sad?  Most mom’s would love the full night’s sleep, and I’m definitely not complaining about that.  There was just something about waking to his sounds in the middle of the night.  I’d sit up in bed and nurse him in the dark of our bedroom, with Jason snoring quietly next to me.  The sleeping house made it easy to focus on him and only him.  I’d snuggle him for an extra long time before putting him back down in the bassinet.  He doesn’t need that anymore.  He could probably be sleeping in his crib if I thought I could handle it.  Seriously, how did he get this big already?  Ahh…there’s just something about a sleeping, cuddly baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment