Tuesday, October 11, 2011

the nasty four letter word...

So if the best way for Addy to get used to taking turns is practice, maybe that’s the best way for me to let Cohen sleep in his own room…in this C-R-I-B. 
Sure it looks all sweet and innocent (not to mention stylish – I LOVE this blanket…thanks, Angela).  But don’t let it fool you.  This crib is out to get me.  It is much too big for my baby boy and devastating far away from my bedside. 
A few weeks ago, I put him down in his crib.  He went to sleep like an angel, but two hours later, when it was time for us to go to bed, I couldn’t stand not being able to peek in the bassinet at him.  I crept into his room, scooped him up and tiptoed back to our room.  Jason laughed and shook his head, “Why do you look like you’re stealing something?”  Probably because I was- his independence…I’m not ready for him to be anything but a baby yet!  He won’t fit in the bassinet forever, so I’m just going to keep taking it slow…a couple of hours at a time.  Someday he’ll be like Addy, directing me from her bed, “Give me a kiss, Mommy.  OK, bye.”  And then, “Shut the door, Mommy” (when I’m lingering and letting the hall light in for just a little too long).  I’m just not ready for that quite yet.  I’ll stick to the excuse that I haven’t made him a proper mobile yet.  Yeah, that’s it.  That’s why he can’t spend an entire night in his crib.  He needs something to look at...through his eyelids...Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a baby to steal from a room down the hall.  Nitey-Nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment